Assistant Director, Aquatics Center
Salary: $42,598.40 - $44,616.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Location: Whitworth University Campus
Department: Athletics Administration
The Assistant Director, Aquatics Center is a key leadership role responsible for supporting the overall operation, management, and safety of an aquatic facility. This position assists the Aquatics Center Director in overseeing day-to-day activities, staff management, program development, and ensuring a safe and enjoyable environment. The Assistant Director plays a vital role in promoting water safety, managing aquatic programs, and fostering a welcoming atmosphere for visitors.
Aquatic Center Operations | 40%
- Recruit, hire, and supervise lifeguards, cashiers, swim instructors, and pool cleaning staff ensuring proper training, certification, and adherence to safety standards by these employees. Act as the health and safety coordinator of the aquatic center and manage and coordinate aquatics events, contracts, rental agreements, and calendars with the university's conference services department and the university's master calendar.
- Manage the facility's operational schedule, including lifeguard and front desk staffing schedules, in cooperation with the AC Director to ensure proper coverage for individuals and groups using the pool.
- Manage the student work budget and miscellaneous salary budget lines, offering programs and setting pool hours for which lifeguard coverage can be guaranteed while staying within salary budget allocations.
- Teach 5 community water aerobics classes per week throughout the calendar year except during the weeks when the pool is closed.
- Teach a combination of 7 water aerobics and/or paddle boarding courses for the Kinesiology department.
- Oversee, market, and run the full-day summer swim lesson program.
- Interact with visitors, addressing their concerns and inquiries, and ensuring their overall satisfaction.
- Resolve conflicts and issues related to aquatic activities and facility use.
- Collaborate with the Aquatics Center Director to plan and execute aquatic programs, swim lessons, and events.
- Contribute to the development of innovative aquatic programs that cater to diverse age groups and skill levels.
- Assist with special projects and department events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications | Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An Associates degree is preferred, we will consider candidates with a wide range of educational backgrounds. We value the skills and knowledge candidates bring to Whitworth, regardless of the paths they have taken to acquire them.
- Experience in teaching aquatic courses/classes.
- Current certification in AEA, (Aquatics Exercise Association, Water Aerobics Instructor) or ability to obtain required certification within 90 days of hire.
- CPR/First Aid certifications.
- A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning.
- Demonstrated growth in cultural competence, awareness of societal and structural inequities and proven experience in effectively establishing relationships and positive communications with students and other constituents across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, varying abilities, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, class or religious perspectives.
- A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University as a comprehensive Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian Church.
- Previous experience in aquatics center management, including supervisory roles.
- Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of safety procedures, pool operations, and aquatic programming.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
A background check and sexual misconduct check will be required of the successful candidate. A resume, cover letter, faith statement, names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) professional references are needed to complete the application.
You are on this webpage because a position at Whitworth sparked your curiosity. If you find yourself questioning hitting the apply button because you might not meet 100% of the qualifications, we think you should do it! Research continues to show that women and BIPOC candidates are less likely to hit the apply button unless they meet all the listed qualifications. One way we are working to overcome this trend is every search committee at Whitworth has a trained Equity Advocate (EA) serving on the team. Our EAs are trained to make space for committees to consider each candidate's unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when you click apply, please know that your application is reviewed by a committee of real, living, and breathing human beings who want to understand your experience and skills to find ways you relate to the key competencies needed for success in the position.
Looking for resources to help with writing a faith statement? Check out our faith statement resource page for more information.
Learn more about our shared work to achieve and sustain inclusive excellence HERE.
Whitworth complies with all federal, state, and local nondiscrimination laws that are applicable to religious nonprofit institutions and does not engage in unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, sex, or disability. With our Christ-centered commitment to building a diverse and inclusive community, the university encourages applications from populations underrepresented at Whitworth including members of racial/ethnic communities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/whitworth/staff/jobs/4249828/assistant-director-aquatics-center
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency