This ad is expired.
Assistant Athletic Trainer
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Assistant Athletic Trainer
The Assistant Athletic Trainer will report to the Assistant Athletics Director for Athletic Training and will assist with the implementation of the athletic performance program for assigned sports. This position will assist with the organization of and manage the care, prevention, and rehabilitation of injuries for student-athletes. The Assistant Athletic Trainer will work cooperatively with student-athletes, coaches, and athletic department staff.
Full Job Description:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement the treatment, care and rehabilitation of injuries according to the protocols and standing orders developed by the Team Physicians and Head Athletic Trainer.
- Work in conjunction with the entire Sports Medicine Staff, including team physicians and other medical personnel, to coordinate the health care and wellness of student-athletes.
- Daily instruction of student-athletes on rehabilitation programs post injury in order to provide a safe return to athletic participation.
- Educate student-athletes on general health habits that will assist in injury prevention and overall well-being.
- Communication with coaches, administrators, and student-athletes of assigned team.
- Injury reporting, tracking, documentation, and maintenance of medical charts.
- Evaluate and direct emergency medical attention given when a student-athlete is seriously injured in practice or competition, through enforcement of safety procedures.
- Assist with the organization and administration of all pre-participation physicals with physicians; coordinate medical clearance and eligibility for practice and competition.
- Provide medical coverage for home and away athletic events, as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the organization and administration of the Sports Medicine Department.
- Maintain knowledge of evidence-based techniques in the prevention, care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries by attending clinics, seminars, and current periodicals.
- To act as a liaison between student-athletes, coaches, parents, team physicians, strength and conditioning staff, and other sports medicine professionals on medical consultation matters.
- Foster a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness throughout the department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree preferred
- Maintain current NATA BOC, CPR/AED, and first aid certification.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply NCAA rules as relevant to the position.
- Willingness to travel extensively with assigned teams to away contests, and work irregular or extended work hours.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- Professional communication with head coaches and coaching staffs, and support staff. Including but not limited to, student athlete emergency information, emergency action plans, scheduling and date to day coverage.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive matters involving student-athletes.
- Possess the ability to lift, push, and pull equipment and/or materials up to 50 pounds for shorts distances, as well as manipulate the injured athlete.
- Experience in athletic rehabilitation of injuries.
- A valid driver's license.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Assistant-Athletic-Trainer_R0003865.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency