- Aquatics Coordinator
- Go to our website »
Job ID: 258443
Location: Columbus State University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Department of Campus Recreation at Columbus State University invites applications for an Aquatics Coordinator. This position will oversee the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and administration of the University's aquatic facility and rock wall, which consists of the Climbing wall, Leisure pool and Therapy Pool, oversee the hiring, training, testing, and certification of staff and student employees of the aquatic facility and rock wall attendant. This position will also develop and implement various aquatic and climbing wall programs and ensure that all appropriate water, rock wall health and safety standards are maintained. Reports directly to the Interim Campus Recreation Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Program Area Duties
- Create programs for aquatics and climbing wall such as Dive in Movies, Learn to Swim, Aqua aerobics, Boulder night outs, climbing wall competition etc.
- Collaborate with Student life partners such as Greek Life, Leadership etc to facilitate programs
- Maintain supply chemical inventory for aquatics such as acid barrels, briquettes and testing supplies
- Assist in the creation of a maintenance replacement plan for aquatics pump room system and equipment
- Develop relationships with Maintenance crew to provide the support in the pool
- Trouble shoot basic items, but all major malfunctions will be submitted using equest to inform plant operation or janco360 for aquatic
- Coordinate with Treadstone for climbing inspection and Trublue for auto belay recertification
- Ensures that all appropriate water, environmental, health and safety standards are maintained; ensures pools are compliant with all local, state and national requirements and current on all necessary certifications required for operation
- Ensure route quality (spinning holds, missing tape, broken holds, route variety, etc.) and change routes that have inconsistent moves or that may cause injury
- Work regular lifeguard rotation shift 1-3 hours a day
- Submit items for purchase staying within the allocated department budget
- Assist with Front line coverage at the Front desk, cardio deck, weight room, rockwall, and pool
- Oversee the waiver system in Fusion and Rockwall membership
- Create surveys, analyze data and write reports
- Assist in minimizing risk and enforcing risk management protocols
- Prepares statistical reports on a monthly basis and prepares data and narrative for inclusion in annual reports.
- Recruit, train, and develop route setters.
- Develops and maintains records of operational facility usage; monitors and maintains inventories of pool equipment, climbing gear and supplies.
- Create, approve, edit schedules
- Post position, interview, hire and train student assistants
- Evaluate student assistants on work performance
- Participates in and teaches aquatic, climbing wall and safety certification training sessions, as necessary
- Report, find, follow up and submit equests for items that are broken
- Oversees the maintenance of the climbing wall and pools, to include chemistry, climate control, cleanliness, and related maintenance
- Determine which walls will be stripped and set, and the number and difficulty of routes to be set
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education; possession of current American Red Cross CPR, First-Aid, and AED certifications; possession of a current Lifeguard certification; possession of a Belay Certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days; and possession of a current Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certificate or a demonstrated ability to obtain within 90 days. The selected candidate must possess the ability to plan,schedule, and facilitate programs; possess a basic understanding of rec management software systems or the ability to learn; possess the ability to complete reports and assessments on all programs and services; flexibility in working some evenings; the ability to lift 20 - 30 pound equipment; and possess a valid Georgia driver's license with a clean driving history. The candidate must also have knowledge of certification standards in area of specialty; knowledge of budget preparation, cost estimating, monitoring, and fiscal management principles, and procedures; skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications; the ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments; the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; the ability to set safe, high-quality routes and climb 5.11/V3 to ensure route quality; and complete Van Training.
The annualized salary range for this position is $40,568 - $41,000.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter / Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Unofficial Transcripts
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920, or e-mail to email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Columbus State University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Columbus State University to recruit, hire, train, promote, and educate persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Columbus State University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees. Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teachers Retirement System (or Optional Retirement Plan), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays. Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today!
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=258443&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency