ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER
TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT
One temporary, full-time assignment, 40 hours per week, July 1 – Dec 18, 2021. The person selected will work on the Oceanside campus. The work schedule will vary depending on practice times and game schedules. This assignment will focus primarily on Covid-related processes and protocols. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
SALARY RANGE 24
COMPENSATION $32.83 per hour (range 24, step 1)
Employees must make arrangements for the direct deposit of paychecks into the financial institution of their choice, via electronic fund transfer.BENEFITSShort-term, temporary employees may be eligible for Healthy Families Sick Leave, and enrollment in a retirement system.
POSITION TERM IN MONTHS
Open Until Filled – the department will review applications as they are submitted.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following documents directly to Ashley Musick (email@example.com).
1. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
2. A cover letter specifically describing how your experience aligns with the representative duties and desirable qualifications.
Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Offer of employment to the person(s) selected for this position is contingent upon 1) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 2) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; 3) fingerprint clearance; and 4) approval by the Board of Trustees.
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.BASIC FUNCTION:
Under general supervision, assist in the coordination and implementation of a comprehensive sports medicine program for college intercollegiate sports; perform professional and administrative activities in service to student athletes; and perform related duties as assigned.
Assistant Athletic Trainer is distinguished from Athletic Trainer in that an incumbent in the former class is the professional entry-level classification, requiring less experience than the latter class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. Assist in carrying out the sports medicine program for the college, including Covid-related protocols, injury prevention, evaluation, management, treatment/rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student athletes.
2. Provide athletic training support to the college's Athletic Department, including attendance at scheduled team practices and home competitions as necessary.
3. Assist with physical examinations and medical referrals for student athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
4. Work in conjunction with Athletic Department staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student athlete needs.
5. Establish and maintain records of athletes for eligibility based on physical examinations; maintain detailed records of injuries, treatment and correspondence with physicians.
6. May assist with athlete insurance claims process; correspond with providers and insurance companies to ensure payment.
1. Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment to enhance/benefit the sports medical program.
2. Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. College organization, functions, rules, policies and procedures applicable to assigned areas of responsibility.
2. Methods, practices, terminology and techniques used in athletic training activities, including the prevention of injuries.
3. Principles of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology and nutrition.
4. Symptoms of athletic injuries, applicable treatment and first aid methods.
5. Musculoskeletal rehabilitation protocols and techniques.
6. Physical fitness and conditioning programs related to athletics.
7. Health-related physical fitness and weight programs.
8. Rules and regulations applying to safe equipment operation and medical care; safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the work.
9. Recordkeeping techniques.
10. Applicable sections of the state education code.
11. Familiarity with Pacific Coast Athletic Conference governing rules.
12. Written and oral communication skills including correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
1. Assist in the oversight of a community college sports medicine program and its athletic training room.
2. Learn, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures and apply them in a variety of procedural situations.
3. Administer advanced first aid, emergency care and physical therapy.
4. Operate a variety of therapeutic equipment and machines.
5. Understand and safely operate modalities used in athletic therapy.
6. Understand and apply various technical directions issued by team physicians.
7. Work independently with little direction.
8. Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action.
9. Plan and organize work; meet schedules and timelines.
10. Train and provide work direction to others.
11. Work with physically disabled students.
12. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
13. Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
14. Operate a computer and standard business software.
15. Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability issues.
16. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in kinesiology or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the district's vehicle insurance program.
Certification by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification.
Certification in First Aid and CPR-AED.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
May provide work direction to student athletic trainers and work-study students.
District administrators, faculty, staff, students, physicians, parents, other college and community organizations; vendors and the general public.
The physical efforts described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Moderate physical activity with intermittent standing, walking, bending and stooping; occasional light lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 35 pounds; ability to work at a computer for extended periods, including repetitive use of a computer keyboard, mouse or other control devices; ability to travel to various locations on and off campus as needed to conduct district business.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships involving interactions and communications personally, by phone and in writing with a variety of individuals and/or groups from diverse backgrounds on a regular, ongoing basis; to concentrate on detailed tasks for extended periods and/or intermittently while attending to other responsibilities; to work effectively under pressure on a variety of tasks concurrently while meeting established deadlines and changing priorities.
Primarily either an office environment (athletic training room facility) or athletic event locations; frequently conduct events in an outside environment during possible inclement weather, exposure to dust, dirt, heat, cold, fumes, steam, moisture, noise, etc.; subject to frequent interruptions by individuals in person or by telephone; intermittent exposure to individuals acting in a disagreeable fashion; may work at any district location or authorize facility with occasional evening, weekend and/or holiday hours required on an as-needed basis.
For more information, please visit: https://jobelephant.com/display.php?ad=2253196
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency